Thursday, November 18

Holiday Village Inventory Database

It is almost that time of year again, time to setup my Christmas Village display! I really love the time right before I actually begin setting up my village. This is when my brain goes on creativity overload as I dream up different ways to setup my display, how I want it to look, and determine what pieces I want to add. The problem I always run into is that I struggle to remember all of the buildings, landscaping elements, and figurines that I own. 

It is impossible to fully plan my display when I can't remember all the necessary details. I decided to finally solve this problem by creating a village database. I envision this database having the ability to help me plan the village by it listing information based upon my inquiries. An example would be it listing all of the pieces I own that are related to a carnival or listing all of my pieces that light up or require batteries. My goal for the endgame is I want to create a plan for how to setup my village and have my database input the building locations for me based upon dimensions and building theme.

We'll see how this goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

Take a Tour Through Haunted Hallows (Halloween Village Display From 2019)

Better late than never!  I am definitely late sharing my Halloween village from 2019.  Take a tour through my Haunted Hallows 2019 Halloween...